Agreed document of conclusions of fisheries consultations between the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Norway, the Russian Federation and the UK on the administration of (Atlanto-Scandian) Norwegian herring within the Northeast Atlantic in 2023
November 4, 2022
1. Delegation from the Faroe Islands, headed by Herlov Sigvaldsson IggaldssonAnd the Delegation from Iceland headed by Álaug Eir HÓLMGEIRSDÓTTIR, delegation from Norway headed by Vidar LandmarkAnd the Delegation from the Russian Federation headed by Anna ShulaevaAnd the and a delegation from the UK headed by Will Francis Met in London on October 14, 2022, to seek the advice of on the administration of Norwegian herring shares within the spring (Atlantic Scandinavian) within the Northeast Atlantic in 2023.
2 – A delegation from the European Union, headed by Thomas Bregon, and a delegation from Greenland, headed by Eben Funch-CanineAnd the He attended the assembly as an observer.
3. Delegations famous that the agreed long-term administration technique for Norwegian Spring Herring (Atlantic Norse) of 6 November 2018 was thought of by the Worldwide Council for the Exploration of the Sea to be according to the precautionary method (Annex I). Based on the technique, a evaluation ought to happen no later than 2023, in time for ICES to subject recommendation for 2024. The delegations agreed that this evaluation must be coordinated with the measurement plans in ICES, and the events will return to this subject to evaluation, plan and put together for this throughout 2023.
4. In accordance with the recommendation of the Worldwide Council for the Exploration of the Sea, delegations agreed that the extent of Norwegian herring crops in spring (Atlantic Scandinavian) within the Northeast Atlantic for the yr 2023 ought to be not more than 511,171 tons. The delegations agreed that the institution of unilateral quotas for the yr 2023 doesn’t in any means imply acceptance of the extent of those quotas by any celebration.
5. All events expressed a real willingness to proceed to handle the difficulty of a brand new quota-sharing association and emphasised the necessity for such a brand new association with a purpose to obtain complete and sustainable inventory administration.
6. The delegations agreed that the 2 events would meet in January 2023 to handle the difficulty of the quota-sharing association within the close to future.
7- The delegations inspired the Events to develop and coordinate scientific analysis actions with a purpose to enhance the knowledge obtainable for the evaluation and administration of this stockpile.
8. Delegations welcomed the findings of the 2022 Working Group on the springtime distribution of Norwegian herring within the Northeast Atlantic and the Barents Sea, and agreed to replace this report in 2023, chaired by Iceland.
9. The delegations exchanged the ultimate quota and catch info for the years 2020 and 2021 along with the preliminary info for the yr 2022 (Annex II). The delegations additionally exchanged info relating to fishing actions, together with alternate and entry provisions (Annex III).
10. The delegations agreed to proceed to supply info in the identical format as indicated in Annex II and Annex III to this agreed document. Every Social gathering shall, by 1 Could 2023, present up to date info on this regard to Iceland because the host nation for the 2024 consultations. The Chair shall talk this info as quickly as attainable to all Events on this agreed registry.
11. Delegations agreed that Events might fish (Atlanto-Scandian) herring inside their quotas of their fisheries jurisdiction and in worldwide waters.
12. Delegations agreed that further preparations to be made by the Events, together with preparations for entry, switch of quotas and different fishing situations in areas underneath their respective jurisdictions, can be regulated by bilateral agreements.
November 4, 2022
For the UK delegation
#Managing #shared #fish #shares #coastal #state #data #agreed